Banyan Desktop App
- Updated on Apr 19, 2023
The Banyan desktop app is a cross-platform endpoint client, installed on end user desktop devices. The app is used to register and authenticate end user devices with the Banyan Cloud Command Center. Note that the desktop app is optional on MDM-managed devices on which you can install a Device Certificate via your device manager.
Key features of Banyan’s desktop app
The desktop app provides the following features:
- Device Registration for device authentication
- Device Trust Scoring for device posture checks
- Auto-update capability so an end user can upgrade with a single click
- Device Trust Verification capability to support native “sandboxed” apps (i.e., iOS/Android/MacOS/Windows apps that use WebViews for authentication and are unable to access the Banyan Device Cert placed in the device cert store or keychain)
- Seamless deployment via Device Managers
- Service bundles an end user can access and favorite
- List of Hosted Websites an end user can access
- List of Infrastructure Services an end user can access
- List of Service Tunnels an end user can access
banyanproxyto access TCP services using short-lived X.509 client certs
- Run Diagnostic Tool for running a Health Check and/or troubleshooting
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
We’re happy to help. Contact our team.