Desktop and Mobile App Changelog
- Updated on Apr 28, 2022
- Desktop App
- Mobile App
- iOS v2.0.1 (Nov-23-2021)
- Android v2.0.1 (Sep-23-2021)
- iOS & Android v2.0.0 (Aug-26-2021)
- iOS & Android v.1.10.0 (Jan-20-2021)
- iOS & Android v.1.9.0 (Dec-02-2020)
- iOS & Android v.1.8.0 (Oct-01-2020)
- iOS & Android v.1.6.0 (Aug-13-2020)
- iOS v.1.4.0 & Android v.1.3.1 (Mar-11-2020)
- Download v2.6.0 for:
- We now have full support for Fedora (34 and later) in Banyan’s Desktop App.
- Download v2.5.1 for:
- Banyan’s Desktop App now provides an expiration notification when a user’s login token is 2 hours away from expiring. The expiration notification time is configurable.
- Download v2.5.0 for:
- Added a Run Diagnostic Tool
- Added support for specifying users in ZeroTouch registration
- Enhanced app logs
- Added a keychain explainer prompt to notify macOS users that Banyan needs access to their keychains
- Download v2.4.0 for:
- The Banyan Service Tunnel feature is now available in Early Preview
- Download v2.3.0 for:
- User defined Service Bundles
- Added filters for service types within the service catalog.
- Download v2.2.1 for:
- (Bug fix) CMD+W shortcut was not usable with other applications when Banyan App running.
- Download v2.2.0 for:
- Simplified Desktop App Registration
- Viewing Hosted Web Services will require an identity provider login
- Additional keyboard shortcuts
- Performance and stability improvements
- Download v2.1.0 for:
- Integrated Banyan CLI to run in-terminal commands to connect to Banyan services without interacting with the Banyan Desktop App. (This feature is in early preview. Please contact us for assistance)
- Devices enrolled via Zero Touch installation support Banyan’s Passwordless authentication. (This feature is in early preview and must be explicitly enabled for your organization)
- (Bug fix) Devices enrolled via Zero Touch installation were unable to favorite services or set services to autorun.
- Download v2.0.1 for:
- (Bug fix) Autorun did not respect the configured port and instead chose a random port.
- (Bug fix) The status of a service did not update properly until the app was refreshed.
- (Bug fix) Certificate selection pop-up was not suppressed on Windows.
- Download v2.0.0 for:
- Completely revamped Desktop App, including:
- Enlarged app to display more details throughout. You can manually resize the frame as well as expand it to fullscreen.
- Services have been organized into sections: My Services and Service Catalog.
- In the My Services section, you can view Favorites (commonly accessed services) and Autorun (services that start when the Desktop App launches) for quick access.
- The Service Bundles section includes sets of services configured by Banyan Admins for similar services or projects. They help browsing and for bulk connecting to several services simultaneously.
- The Services Catalog organizes all of your services according to their type (Hosted Websites, Infrastructure, SaaS Applications).
- Search for specific services, sort columns alphanumerically, and refresh the lists for any latest changes
- Previously, you had to click into a service in order to launch it. Now, you can launch and connect to a service from the service list view.
- Quicker refresh of Trust Score when checking device posture.
- (Bug fix) If an organization had multiple devices having serial numbers as “Default string” (literal value) rather than an actual serial number, then the devices appeared in the Command Center as a single device with multiple users.
- (Bug fix) The one-time passcode exclusion feature was not working for policies configured for individual roles and only worked for policies configured with the
- Download v1.14.1 for:
- (Bug fix) Fixes related to wildcard TCP services.
- Download v1.14.0 for:
- When tunneling to a collection of TCP services with the Domains to Proxy feature, the
banyanproxydid not properly start.
- Download v1.13.1 for:
- Service descriptions now support clickable links.
- Download v1.13.0 for:
- Device certificate auto-renewal (Not supported for devices registered via Zero Touch Deployment).
- (Bug Fix) Token size limit reached due to having a large group claims.
- Download v1.12.2 for:
- (Bug fix) TrustFactor calculations were incorrect for Firewall & AutoUpdate on Linux-RPM.
- (Bug fix) Suppress error messages when invalid requests are made for port 8118.
- (Bug fix) Kubernetes services configured without a specific port did not connect because the Desktop App used a random port (as expected) while
banyanproxyexpected port 8080.
- Download v1.12.1 for:
- Leverages full application path instead of symlink.
- (Bug fix) Token size limit reached due to having a large group claims.
- (Bug fix) The RDP Gateway mode did not work in Banyan DesktopApp for Windows.
- Download v1.12.0 for:
- Fixes for macOS Big Sur M1 on ARM64 and X64 devices.
banyanproxymode options (
- In-app indicator for length of time remaining in session.
- Tray icon indicator for when session is about to expire (yellow at < 2hrs, red after expiry).
- Display prompt when session expires (configurable in Desktop App settings).
- New utility functions (
--remove-staging) for command line when distributing the Banyan Desktop App using a device manager.
- Banyanproxy, when running in
HTTP_CONNECT_DAISY_CHAINmode, can be configured to only proxy certain
IncludeDomainsusing MTLS. All other domains will be passed through transparently.
- (Bug fix)
banyanproxydid not initiate auth flows for some TCP services when the certificate expired.
- Download v1.11.1 for: macOS, Windows, Linux-Deb, Linux-RPM
- (Bug fix) Fixed issue involving Zero Touch installation and excessive token length.
- Download v1.11.0 for: macOS, Windows, Linux-Deb, Linux-RPM
- Added capability to allow Zero Touch Desktop App installation and Banyan organization registration via Device Managers (such as Intune).
- View services with login token rather than the reporting token.
- (Bug fix)
banyanproxydid not inform the end user that the configured local port was already in use.
- (Bug fix) mdm-config.json was deleted when Desktop App was upgraded.
- Download v1.10.1 for: macOS, Windows, Linux-Deb, Linux-RPM
- (Bug fix) If a user is a member of many groups, the resulting login token became excessively long which caused logins to fail.
- Download v1.10.0 for: macOS, Windows, Linux-Deb, Linux-RPM
- Added .rpm version of the Desktop App to support Fedora-based Linux distros. (The .rpm version of the Desktop App does not currently support TrustScoring for up-to-date OS or Org Preferred Apps.)
- SSH Config is now saved to its own file (~/.ssh/banyan.config).
- Display a notification if the device loses Internet connection.
- Display Device Ownership type.
- Improved support for Firefox.
- Improved logging.
- Windows Firewall TrustFactor determination only considers public and private firewall settings, and ignores the domain firewall setting.
- Collect Windows bios serial number if baseboard is blank or “default string”
- SSHCert format changed to SHA-256.
- Enhanced experience for login certificate renewal.
- Desktop App now uses an include command to incorporate SSH configs written to
- Download v1.9.0 for: macOS, Windows, Linux
- One-click access for Kubernetes Services.
- Enhanced support RDP Servers.
- Added TrustFactors (Firewall and Disk Encryption) for Linux.
- (Bug fix) Desktop App for Linux was not properly collecting and reporting preferred apps running on the device.
- Download v1.8.0 for: macOS, Windows, Linux
- Administrators can customize TrustScore remediation instructions and links displayed to end users in the Desktop App. These instructions can be customized for each TrustScore factor and are specific to the device’s operating system.
- Initial release of Device Trust Verification capability to support native “sandboxed” apps. “Sandboxed” apps are iOS/Android/MacOS/Windows apps that use WebViews for authentication that are unable to access the Banyan Device Cert placed in the device cert store or keychain. (This feature is in early preview and must be explicitly enabled for your organization.)
- Improved implementation and management of connectivity to SSH services.
- Download v1.7.1 for: macOS, Windows, Linux
- Complete UI refresh.
- Preferred Apps for Device Trustscoring now supports regex pattern matching for apps having process names that are variable or change regularly.
- Improved feature collection.
- Download v1.6.0 for: macOS, Windows, Linux
- Added a
banyanproxyto forward the client’s
HTTP CONNECTrequest to the given proxy host and port. (This feature requires Banyan Netagent v1.27.0+)
- Administrators can preconfigure all the parameters the end user needs to connect from the Banyan Desktop App to TCP Services.
- If allowed by Administrators, end users can override preconfigured parameters when connecting to TCP Services.
- Added configuration to use TrustCert and/or SSHCert.
- Added configuration to not write to SSH Config.
- Download v1.5.2 for: macOS, Windows, Linux
- Added configuration options for deploying Desktop App via Device Managers.
- For devices managed by Workspace ONE UEM, device TrustScore calculation accounts for Workspace ONE UEM factors.
- Download v1.5.1 for: macOS, Windows, Linux
- Added configuration options when deploying Desktop App via Device Managers.
- Device Manager configurations are no longer contained in
config.json; instead these should be in a
mdm-config.jsonfile in the Desktop App installation directory. If you configured Device Manager settings with Banyan Desktop App v.1.5.0, you must move the existing configurations from
- Download v1.5.0 for: macOS, Windows, Linux
- Added features to enable fleet deployments using Device Managers, including:
- Ability to pre-populate invite code
- Better integration with Workspace ONE UEM
- Simplified authentication flows needed for an end user to view their Services and TrustScore
- Added feature to automatically suppress the Device Certificate pop-up in Windows (Chrome, IE) and MacOS (Chrome, Safari) browsers
- Better support for developers workflows
- (Bug fix) Devices where SerialNumber is “0” (such as VirtualBox VMs) are now treated the same as devices that do not have a serial number.
- Download v1.4.1 for: macOS, Windows, Linux
- Released Banyan Desktop App for Linux (Ubuntu-only) with the following known feature limitations:
- Device must have Chrome installed, and also set as its default browser.
- User must use Chrome when registering their device and connecting to services.
- User must have administrative privileges on their Linux device in order to install the Banyan Linux Desktop App.
- Device must have
- Multiple organizations are not supported. Users must de-register their device in order to register with a separate organization.
- Firewall data is not collected.
- banyanproxy is not placed in $PATH.
- (Bug fix) Implemented fixes to TrustScore calculations when overridden.
- (Bug fix) Fixed behavior related to Desktop App starting on bootup.
- (Bug fix) Implemented fixes to Root & Intermediate Cert install/uninstall.
- Download v1.4.0 for: macOS, Windows
- Added option to automatically launch Desktop App on device startup.
- Display a list of other devices the user has registered with Banyan.
- Simplified connection workflow to generic TCP services.
- Prompt to ask for Device Ownership on registration.
- Allow installation of Desktop App when a device has no SerialNumber value.
- Added support for organizations with Intermediate CA certificates (existing capability supported Root CA certificates).
- Download v1.3.0 for: macOS, Windows
- Added auto-update capability so end users are automatically notified of new versions and can update with a button click.
- Fixed intermittent ‘Delete Device Registration’ error.
banyanproxyis placed in PATH consistently.
iOS v2.0.1 (Nov-23-2021)
- Download v2.0.1 for iOS
- In this version, we’ve re-introduced the shield icon in Device Trust Verification, which lets users enter challenge code as a verification method.
Android v2.0.1 (Sep-23-2021)
- Download v2.0.1 for Android
- Performance and stability improvements
iOS & Android v2.0.0 (Aug-26-2021)
- Download v2.0.0 for iOS and Android
- Streamlined Mobile App Registration
- Updated device trust flows to use Device Trust Verification.
iOS & Android v.1.10.0 (Jan-20-2021)
- Download v1.10.0 for iOS and Android
- Support to enable/disable email OTP for device registration.
- Updated Device Trust Verification (beta) screen.
iOS & Android v.1.9.0 (Dec-02-2020)
iOS & Android v.1.8.0 (Oct-01-2020)
- Download v1.8.0 for iOS and Android
- Support for iOS 14 and Android 11.
- Support for Device Trust Verification.
iOS & Android v.1.6.0 (Aug-13-2020)
- Download v1.6.0 for iOS and Android
- Revamped Banyan Mobile Apps (iOS and Android) for performance and stability improvements.
iOS v.1.4.0 & Android v.1.3.1 (Mar-11-2020)
- Initial release of Banyan Mobile App for iOS and Android.